Friday, May 2, 2008

My Partners in Crime

We had so much fun yesterday with our little May Day celebration. The kids made cute little Happy May Day cards (I forgot to take a pic) to go with the plates of cookies we made. We then set out to deliver them. I told the kids that we didn't want to get caught. In the old May Day tradition, if you got caught you got a kiss. I told this to Gordon and said that we didn't want to get kissed and he said, "But, I like kisses."

Anyway, doorbell ditching is kind of tricky! Especially, when you are only 6 and 3. Gordon and Ella were doing it by themselves, while Jace and I waited in the car. They got caught twice. No kisses though, just thank yous. I think Gordon was a little disappointed. At one house, while running back to the car Ella slipped on the gravel and fell down. So, I had to get out the car and run and get her. That is one of the places we got caught.

The kids were so much fun to watch. It was an adventure and they loved it. I'm already looking forward to doing it again next year. The kids will be able to hide a little better and run a little faster by then. Good doorbell ditching skills are essential to childhood mischief. We just might have to practice again, sometime soon.

Secret #12: None of you are safe.

1 comment:

Cami Severson said...

What a great idea! I didn't know all that about May Day! But, now that day has a special place in my heart because it is Kaelan's birthday. -sigh- I can't believe he turned one yesterday. Time goes by too fast!