This is Gordon on his first day of Kindergarten. Tomorrow is his last day of school. I can't believe how much he has grown this year and how much he has learned. He has grown up a lot. It has been so fun to watch him learn to read and write. What mother can resist the first love note penned by their child's own hand? I am so proud of all he has accomplished this year and am grateful that I have been able to help him along the way. Having him in school has made me feel like I am in school again too. We've had homework and deadlines and such. I am hoping summer break will feel like it did when I was little too. Where the days are long and full of playing outside, building forts, jumping on the trampoline, swimming, running through the sprinklers, etc. Having a child is like experiencing childhood all over again and realizing what a gift it is.
Monday, May 19, 2008
How did it go by so fast?
This is Gordon on his first day of Kindergarten. Tomorrow is his last day of school. I can't believe how much he has grown this year and how much he has learned. He has grown up a lot. It has been so fun to watch him learn to read and write. What mother can resist the first love note penned by their child's own hand? I am so proud of all he has accomplished this year and am grateful that I have been able to help him along the way. Having him in school has made me feel like I am in school again too. We've had homework and deadlines and such. I am hoping summer break will feel like it did when I was little too. Where the days are long and full of playing outside, building forts, jumping on the trampoline, swimming, running through the sprinklers, etc. Having a child is like experiencing childhood all over again and realizing what a gift it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment