Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nap or no nap?

I have officially decided I prefer that Ella never take naps. That may sound strange, what mother doesn't like for her children to take a nap? And Ella looks so sweet and peaceful doesn't she? It's not the actual nap that I object to, it is the waking up. Ella does not wake up well, to say the least. She is like a grizzly coming out of hibernation and it is not pretty. It is not over quickly either. However, grumpy or whiny she is before a nap, she is 100 times worse afterwards. She has never been a big napper. I think by the time she was 2 she stopped the daily nap routine (Gordon took naps until he started school). Now, if Ella takes a nap it is because she is so tired that she simply can't stay awake and she falls asleep where ever she is; on a chair, the couch, the car, or occasionally the floor. I've decided I need to be more vigilant in keeping these spontaneous naps from occurring. Believe me it is for the benefit of everyone within a 100 mile radious.

2 comments:

THE TAASE'S said...

Kathy,

Oddly enough all 3 of my girls are just like Ella. Silia still comes out of naps crying, and she's 9 now. Leila is almost 5 and Sunni-girl, well she is just ALWAYS crying. Good luck on trying to keep her from napping, I hear fog horns work well;)

Tafi

Tina said...

LOL, that's too funny. I go crazy when Tau doesn't take at least one nap, but obviously he's a lot younger. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!