Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I have given up on Spring!



It isn't coming this year. Every time I think that it is almost upon us, it snows again. So, I have given up and decided to just embrace the cold. A few weeks ago, I started hiking in the snow. I was dying to start getting outside again and so I did, despite the snow. I have loved it. It is so peaceful, so serene. I have always loved hiking in the canyon and do it every other season, but I have never done it in the snow (I am a wimp, when it comes to the cold). Luckily, even though it is still snowing these days, it is warmer than it is in winter. Walking in the mountains for me is therapy. For a few minutes every day I escape, from my cute, but often loud children, from the mounting chores I can never seem to finish, from everything. When I come back I feel ready to take it all on again, and hopefully with a little more patience. So, since this is a blog about secrets, here is the first one I want to share.

Secret #1: A little bit of everyday should be spent outside

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love your blog name, and that you share a secret at the bottom of each entry. I can see why you kept it a secret.