


I recently enjoyed watching Little Dorrit on PBS. I liked it so much and wanted more when it was over so I decided to read the book.

I didn't realize it was so long. I had forgotten that Charles Dickens was paid by the word. Now, I don't have anything against long books, its just that with a newborn and three other wild children my reading time is limited. I asked Gordon how long he thought it would take me to read the book and he said, "150 years!" Well, I hope it doesn't take THAT long. I am however, determined to finish if only to show him that it can be done. I am currently on page 27, only 817 more to go!
2 comments:
Ooohh, you have to let me know how you like it. His books can be hard to get through, but they're always so worth it when you're done. Our Mutual Friend, by Dickens, is one of my all time favorites!!!
You are quite the woman! Good luck!
Post a Comment