Monday, December 29, 2008

This Christmas

Thought I would post some of my favorite pictures of Christmas

I don't think I have ever flown a kite on Christmas before but we did this year. It was in the afternoon. We took all of the kids outside so they could run around a little bit. It was quite windy, perfect for kite flying, so Uncle Jason got out this HUGE kite. The kids and I loved watching him fly it.
Every year on Christmas Eve we act out the story of the Nativity while Grandpa reads it from the Bible. Ella took her role as Mary very seriously. I was surprised at how reverent she was the whole time. I love how she and Baby Jesus (my adorable nephew Brock) are looking at each other.
Another pic of Brock that I love. He is looking up so sweetly.

This is a picture I took of Gordon from the warm comfort of the car while he is out braving the elements to take Christmas goodies to our neighbors.

One of my favorite memories of my mom baking when I was little was licking the bowl or spoons after the mixing was done and the goodies were ready to go in the oven. We all fought over who would get to do it. Love this pic of all the gooey chocolatey goodness on Jace's face.

2 comments:

Melissa O said...

Cute Cute. I love the nativity picture. So adorable.

Angie said...

Who would have thought you would be flying a kite on Christmas? That is so awesome! And Brock looks so cute as the baby Jesus.