There are several wild raspberry bushes up on the trail I love to hike on. Last week when I was up there I noticed that some of the raspberries were ripe. I tried them and they were delish! I told Gordon about them and ever since he has wanted to go up and pick raspberries. So, on Monday we went up there with my mom, Jared, Ella and Gordon. Ella was in charge of the basket and even though she dropped it twice spilling raspberries all over the place she REFUSED to let anyone else carry the basket. In the end, we didn't come home with all that many (there weren't tons in the 1st place) and after dropping them twice we were lucky to make it back with any! But, the kids loved it and that's what it is all about.

Uncle Jared is busy picking berries while Gordon and Ella pose for a picture with Grandma.

Me and my cute kids in the beautiful mountains. Those huge bushes behind us are the raspberry bushes.

Love these wild flowers too. They are so pretty this year.
P.S. Why does the word raspberry have a p in it? I just don't see the point.
1 comment:
I LOVE raspberries!!! We used to have a raspberry bush in our yard when I was little. . . . Then we transplanted them in a different spot, and they stopped growning :(
I love hearing about all the fun you guys have up the "mountains". I wouldn't mind living up there!
P.S. Don't know about the "P"! I agree it is silly!
Post a Comment