Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lamb Days





Saturday we went down to Fountain Green for the Lamb Day Parade. My sister-in-law Rachel grew up there and we went down to spend the day with her and Gordon and their kids. Adney, Tina and Tau were there too and although it was HOT, we had a great time. The kids loved the parade. They got so much candy. After awhile Gordon would just look at it and only pick it up if it was something he really wanted. Our favorite thing that they threw out was Otter pops! They hit the spot.

Afterwards we went to Rachel's parents house and hung out under the big beautiful trees in the shade. There was also a car show across the street that the guys went and checked out. It was a fun day. I enjoyed seeing Fountain Green and Rachel's house. It is always nice to see a person's roots and where they came from. I think that it helps you understand and know them better.


When we got home we all took naps or at least tried to. Ella isn't much of a napper as I think I have mentioned before. Then we went into Provo to visit with Keni's family and to pick up Gordon. He stayed in Fountain Green a little longer playing with his cousin Tayson. There is nothing my kids love more than being with their cousins so being able to spend the whole day with them is Heaven.

3 comments:

Cami Severson said...

How fun! I haven't been to that area, it seems like, in forever. Cousins are the best, aren't they? Built in best friends. My kids love them too.

Saedi said...

How fun! That explains where you were. We roasted marshmallows and made smores at Chris and Levor's and Mason asked if he could walk to "Gordon's House" to see if he was home. So, we walked down, but you were gone, so we sat in your hammocks for a while (hope you don't mind!). So, we will try to catch you again soon!

Cedar Reids said...

Thanks for coming! Next year we will have to plan it better and have you guys stay all day, and do the carnival games at the park for the kids. I can't believe we didn't get you guys a Lamb Sandwich! Next year for sure!

Love you guys!