Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Zoo

Earlier this week we took the kids to the zoo. They had a fabulous time. Luisa and her kids came with us too which of course was so fun. When we first got there it was raining, but soon let up. It was nice when it was overcast and just drizzling, but soon the sun came out again and then it was very hot and very humid.




Jace loved the little animals. The small monkeys, the little rodent looking things, anything that was small and moved fast. Whenever he saw one he would scream with excitement and delight. It was so cute. He was the most fun to watch of all. His very favorite were the meerkats. They were very active when we saw them and he loved it. I could just tell that if he could, he would have been chasing them all around trying to catch one. I think the little animals reminded him of his Aunty Tupu's little dog which he loves to chase around.



When I asked Ella what her favorite was she listed off almost all the animals we saw.
This is my super cute, super fun, sis-in-law Luisa
All the kiddies.

I thought this white alligator was cool.

The carousel was a hit. Notice Gordon is riding a rhino. He told me the next day that he would like to have a rhino as a pet. I told him rhinos DO NOT make good pets.

Gordon liked the rhinos best.


It is always delightful to me to see the world through the eyes of a child. Things that we take of granted or fail to appreciate because they have lost their novelty become magical once again when seen as children see them.

3 comments:

Saedi said...

How fun! Luisa is the cutest! You take such awesome pictures! I need you to give me lessons.

Cami Severson said...

Great photos Kath!! So much fun!

Cedar Reids said...

Zoo trips are the best! We need to get up there some time. . .
Looks like a lot of fun