Friday, June 20, 2008

My favorite place




These are pictures from one of my most favorite places in the world. They are pictures from the hike I go on several times a week (I wish I could say everyday). I love it so much. I love being in the mountains by myself. I love how beautiful and peaceful it is. If I have had a rough day and the kids have been driving me crazy this is where I want to go. The hike is good exercise, but it also really helps me clear my head. It restores my spirit. When I come back I feel like I CAN handle all of the messes, and nagging and chaos. There is something so soothing about nature.

"Then whisper, blossom, in thy sleep
How I may upward climb
The Alpine path, so hard, so steep,
That leads to heights sublime;
How I may reach that far-off goal
Of true and honoured fame,
And write upon its shining scroll
A woman's humble name."

- The Alpine Path

1 comment:

Melissa O said...

I am jealous. I loved hiking in the mountains. It really is rejuvenating.