Monday, March 9, 2009

Under the Weather

Ella is feeling sick today. She has a cold. I noticed in the morning that she was lying on the couch (something she never does.) When I started getting lunch ready she said to me in the weakest, saddest little voice, "Mom, my leg hurts and I can't walk to the bar so can I have a tray?" I controlled my urge to laugh (I think she is milking it a little bit) and told her that indeed she could have a tray. Sometimes we all need a little extra TLC. So here she is with her OJ, chicken noodle soup and saltine crackers. I hope my little princess will feel better soon.

3 comments:

Cami Severson said...

She is so cute! What a good mommy you are!! Haha, that is just what I was doing with little Ansel last week, while he had pneumonia! And they do milk it (until it lasts past day 2.....and then you can't keep them down when they are supposed to still be in bed!!)Ansel was so stir crazy near the end, that most of my work consisted of coming up with ways to keep him in bed (he was really weak and couldn't breathe still)!

Saedi said...

That is darling! I love it that you got her the tray. When I was little I loved how my Mom spoiled me when I was sick. I can never resist doing the same thing for my kids now.

Nat said...

Poor girl! I love the tray - you're such a great mom!