Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful Lists

Last night I thought it would be fun for the kids to make Thankful lists. I thought it was something that they would enjoy looking back on in the future and seeing what they were grateful for at ages 6 and 4. What surprised me was how much they enjoyed the whole thing. They came up with their lists all on their own. Gordon got really into it, about half way through he took over as scribe. He wrote down half of his list, plus all of mine and Keni's. Then he decided he should draw pictures of all of the things on our lists. It was so cute and it kept him occupied for quite awhile. Yeah!

I taped the list that Gordon wrote on the back of this layout. So, we have his handwriting too.

9 comments:

Cami Severson said...

I love it! What a great idea. Cute layout, BTW. I just have to say that if Calder and Gordon lived close to each other they would be the BEST of friends. I was laughing so hard that EVERYTHING on Gordon's list would be on Calder's!! I can't wait to see you at Christmas time! We are going to be in Utah from Dec. 23rd - Jan. 4th! Hopefully there will be some time in there that we can get together!!

Tina said...

That is such a sweet idea I love it! What darling kids you have!

Inouyes said...

I love it!

Melissa O said...

That is such a cute idea. You amaze me. I love it.

Inouyes said...

You have been tagged Kathy
6 Random facts:
1. Link this post to the person who tagged you:
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. List 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Angie said...

That was so fun to read. It made me really wish Andrew could talk already. I love the scrapbook pages. They are so cute. That was such a good idea for Thanksgiving. It really got me in the mood to make a thankful list myself. Thanks for sharing the good ideas.

Cedar Reids said...

What a cute idea! If you don't mind, I think we will try that too! I am interested to see what Tayson and Taylor will come up with. Thanks for sharing Kathy!

Mike Oldham said...

I've never been more proud of Gordon than I am right now.

Aly said...

What a super idea, and I love the page layouts.